15 November 2008

Twice as nice

The strawberry planters have a layer of pea straw pellets on the surface which has done a good job so far of keeping the soil moist, I hadn't had to water them at all. However it hasn't rained all week and a couple of the plants were looking a little droopy - after a quick water last night it's all good though.

I found my earlier notes about what was planted where, so there's two Camarosa in the square planter (which has given me my bountiful harvest of about 4 strawberries so far - you do appreciate them more when dessert consists of half a strawberry instead of a bowl) and four Pajaro in the long planter. And as you can see below, things are now starting to happen in that planter....

A doily a day keeps the birdies away

Safely tucked under the doily is a double berry - so that's one each for dessert this evening!

No comments: