09 November 2008

Fertiliser

Two weeks ago I gave the soil around the beetroot seedlings a good drenching with a weak solution of Yates Nitrosol Organic - a certified organic "oceanic blood and bone liquid fertiliser". They seemed to enjoy it as they are coming along well, so today I gave them another dose. I'm hopeful that there might actually be something developing down there since what's above the ground is looking more like it presumably should - too scared to jinx it by doing an experimental dig around though.



Apparently the Nitrosol smells really interesting!

I also transplanted a second courgette plant this afternoon. The first is looking a bit stressed out, not sure if that's from the whitefly (which seems to be gone today), or if it's just it look different to the variety I planted last year.

No comments: