10 November 2008

ETAs

Courgettes - 12 weeks from sowing. The first plant was sown 21 September, so I will hopefully have something edible the week before Christmas. The second plant was sown 16 October, so that one should be producing by mid January.

Beetroot - 55 days (I suspect that's after germination, rather than after sowing?). I'll take the first sowing as having germinated around 10 October on average, and the second sowing as around 1 November. So the first batch should be ready the first week of December, and the second batch around Christmas.

Tomato - were transplanted a week ago, and should be ready 70 to 80 days from transplanting which would make harvest time from mid January.

Garlic - coming along nicely on schedule for the end of December, but as with the beetroot I'm too scared to have a poke around underground to see exactly what's happening. The second batch by the BBQ seems prone to black aphids - well purple really based on the end result when you squish them! I've been spraying them with Neem from time to time when I remember, which is helping but clearly I need to remember more frequently!


Eeek!


The healthier batch

No comments: