13 September 2008

Spring planting

No, I haven't done any yet.

Yes, I sat down with the seed catalogues from Kings Seeds and Koanga Gardens and ordered everything at the beginning of August. And I even sat down and made a list of all the seeds I then had, grouping them by how soon I can plant them - so I know exactly what's good to go now that it's "early spring". Is that a little too organised?

But I keep putting off actually committing and putting the seed into the seed raising mix, on the grounds that it doesn't seem quite warm enough yet, and I don't have a hot water cupboard to start them off all nice and toasty. Also I was going to be away for the next few days at a conference, so I didn't want to plant anything right before then and risk missing the germination action. Those excuses seem a little lame now though.

But I did want to summarise the key info on each crop I was planting, so I could refer to it as things progressed. You may have noticed I haven't done that yet, but I'm going to make a start this evening, honest!

No comments: