21 February 2010

End of harvest cleanup

It's nearly the end of February so things are starting to slow down a bit. Today I actually did a fair bit of weeding, pulled up a beetroot, removed half of the tomato plants, raked up all the fallen lemons, removed all the rocket that had started flowering, trimmed one of the sage plants (this looks like the catnip in that you can cut it right down to the ground and let it regrow again, there does appear to be new growth down the bottom of the stems), and started trimming down the strawberries. Phew!

I was also going to sow some of the new lettuce varieties that I bought this week but first I need to decide where I'm going to put the broccoli and cauliflower - once they germinate of course and for that to happen I have to sow them! I was also supposed to be making another bottle of tomato sauce, but don't think I have quite enough tomatoes, and make some lemon curd, except it was easier to sit around on the couch and watch tv all day. So after an energetic start to the day the harvest-related activities have petered out.

No comments: