26 October 2008

Labour Weekend part 1

Finally, a long weekend! Sadly it's the traditional rubbish weather - and so far has been too wet and far too windy to get anything done in the garden. I have a courgette and several tomatoes ready to transplant, and I'm also planning to move the catnip plant (from last summer) outside as it's taking over the kitchen bench.

All that I've actually done so far this weekend though is sow a dozen or so more mesclun seeds. The existing plants have some leaves big enough to tuck into now, but I'm saving them for our BBQ lunch tomorrow.

Everything is currently outdoors in the mini greenhouse except two pots of flat leaf parsley seedlings, still too little to move from inside, and a new courgette seedling to replace the one that didn't make it. The only other update this week is a couple of Detroit beetroot seedlings sown a week ago that I spotted today.

No comments: