31 August 2008

Weeding

It was a beautiful sunny day today, hurray! By late morning it had warmed up so we were able to get some weeding and trimming done. The rosemary clump (which is enormous) had its first trim, although I would like to get it down to an even more respectable size - I might just give up and see if I can get cuttings to grow then start again with some smaller plants. After trimming, it's still around 3 feet high, and more than six feet across.



Last Sunday I also managed to get some citrus food down - it was raining heavily anyway so I didn't have to water it in well myself! This is the first time our three lemon trees, lemonade tree and orange tree have had any attention in the almost seven years we've been here. They have cropped quite happily despite the neglect, so I'm expecting big things of them now they have been fed!

No comments: